Who We Are
The Center for Digital Games Research brings together UC Santa Barbara faculty from diverse fields to collaborate on the research and design of digital media, games, and game technologies.
Our faculty affiliates are leaders in the physical and biological sciences, computer and engineering sciences, social and behavioral sciences, and arts and humanities.
We investigate how people process game experiences and how to design more impactful and effective games. Our work explores the many ways digital media and games affect our lives today and how we can improve them and innovate with them now and in the future.
- Digital Games Designed to Improve Mindfulness and Social-Emotional Health We hosted this panel at UCSB. Here are four videos covering the entire session: Jonathan Schooler presentation Debra Lieberman presentation Trip Hawkins presentation Q&A with the three panelists
- The Games People Play: UCSB's Center for Digital Games Research takes a multidisciplinary approach to the study and design of digital media and games.
- KEYT News story focuses on the Center for Digital Games Research.
- At the Center for Digital Games Research, our faculty affiliates' research leads to groundbreaking innovations.
- Check out our online searchable Health Games Database that provides information about health games and related publications, resources, organizations, and events.
- 12 Rock Star Women of Digital Health. (Hint: One of them is right here at UC Santa Barbara.)
Game On http://ow.ly/OOixE National Endowment for Finanical Education @NEFE_ORG explores using video games to boost financial literacy
Using (and prescribing) video games to treat ADHD, memory, anxiety, phobias, pain, and more -- ow.ly/JdI2k via @FastCompany
Growing Up Digital--research symposium w/ keynotes by @vjrideout @DebLieberman @mediatrician. Summary of findings: co/AXPz7855aX
Children and Media: Tips For Parents from @AmerAcadPeds American Academy of Pediatrics t.co/6Q0xiuxIcZ